The Fire Experience

A Fire Article by Adrian Kopf
Not so long ago I found myself in a complete state of bliss. I am not merely referring to the mystical experience of performing a fire dance, rather, that combined with such an amazing environment- the coast, under the most fortunate of circumstances.

I am sure you have all felt the influence that your surroundings can make on you. It just adds that magical touch. Ambience is a must; whether it be some good old bongos; some of your favourite tunes; or just the natural sounds with the spinning flames whirling all around you.

I have twirled in quite a variety of different spots, such as hill-tops, mountains, under trees, around bon-fires, on dance floors (using LED & UV poi of course ;o), even once on a trampoline- quite fun I must add.

But what made this particular experience so beautiful- was absolutely everything to be quite frank. To start off with, the feeling of your bare feet on the soft beach sand- not a solid floor, instead it constantly moulds according to your flow & movement.
The refreshing sea breeze gently yet constantly running over your face & through your hair.
Hearing the sounds of the waves breaking; the bon fire not to far- happily cracking away; as a mentioned earlier, the spinning flames whirling all around your ears & last but not least the occasional lightning bolts in the distance.
At one stage a light drizzle fell, which was just enough to cool you down feeling replenished.
The icing on the cake, was the vast sky absolutely packed with stars- no sign of any moon, but uncountable balls of burning gas shining brightly in the night sky.

I have always found fire dancing extremely meditative, entrancing & therapeutic, but that was by far the ultimate environment I have yet to spin in. The fact that I admire nature in general, especially the sea could have contributed a great deal towards my own personal experience. But, when one considers how the elements (not only fire but also water, air & earth.) all came together with such harmony & balance, being felt at all levels of your senses. To me it was perfect- a true experience of ecstasy.

I am looking forward to spinning in the snow at the end of the year.

So that concludes my story, but what weird & wonderful places have fired up your desire, or where do you still desire to wield some fire?!

Please leave your comments and create your own ultimate fire dancing experience article!

No comments:

Post a Comment